In this document, we have tried to capture the activities that NetFoundry performs as part of our "Network As A Service" offering vs the activities a customer is expected to perform to manage a working solution.
List of activities that NetFoundry performs:
1. Maintain, monitor, and manage all the software and infrastructure of
- NetFoundry console ( MOP)
- NetFoundry fabric ( Hosted ERs)
- NetFoundry controller
2. Inform customers about the latest software releases by publishing updates online
3. Provide online documentation for software deployment and troubleshooting via support hub
4. Provide online documentation for ease of usability of NetFoundry service components via support hub
5. Publish platform/ feature updates in the NetFoundry support hub
6. Assist customers with the procedure to upgrade NetFoundry software
7. Assist customers with the procedure to perform change management
List of activities that a customer performs:
1. Maintain, monitor, and manage the compute resources needed to run NetFoundry software such as edge routers, endpoints, etc ( VM / resource utilization ( CPU / Disk), availability, etc)
2. Ensure the Edge Router, Endpoints are upgraded to the latest releases published online and based on the recommendations made by NetFoundry.
3. Maintain, monitor, and manage the underlay ( internet) required for the edge endpoints/software.
4. Subscribe for notifications for alerts via email notifications and act on the same.
5. Manage access to the NetFoundry console for the Organization and Networks.
6. Manage the edge devices, apps, etc that run NetFoundry software / SDKs to specifications suggested by NetFoundry
7. OS Patch Management on the Customer Edge Routers for addressing CVE's and to keep the OS upto date.