This update covers items released over the last month. Release Notes from May 11 and May 25 are covered in this bulletin. Highlights include the first introduction of "Metrics Explorer" and much requested NetFoundry Client Sync with on-prem active directory.
Metrics section has been introduced in the console to provide real time view of the network usage - by endpoints / services / edge routers / direction. The new "Metrics Explorer" feature shall help organizations to track zero trust network adoption by users. It would also help decision makers understand the adoption or usage of new / critical applications. The reports are available for different time periods - 1 hr / 6 hrs / 24 hrs / 3 days / 7 days / 30 days. The reports can be downloaded in the csv format.
Connect to on-premise AD for client sync
You can now have a zero trust connection to your on-premise AD for creating endpoints for client sync. An endpoint or an edge router has to be created on-prem for service termination. A service should be created in the console for AD access. NF will reach the on-prem AD for client sync over a zero trust connection via this service.
A view of network process status is now available under manage networks section. This would help to understand details of successful / failed console processes (ex bulk upload / API services)
We have introduced the "grouping" feature for nodes in the network visualizer wherein the node count is > 80, the node listing is grouped in blocks of 80 nodes. Example below
Advanced services now support port forwarding to both TCP and UDP.
Network events now display user name instead of user ID.
Software Releases / Updates
- NetFoundry ziti web hook for GIT hub -https://github.com/openziti/ziti-gitlab-webhook/blob/main/README.md
- Updated WDE released - https://github.com/openziti/desktop-edge-win/releases
- Updated MDE released - https://apps.apple.com/app/id1460484572
- Updated Linux tunneler released (check that your ERs and controller are on the same version as the tunneler) - https://github.com/openziti/ziti/releases/tag/v0.20.4
- In April 2021 NetFoundry changed the OS in the new edge router images from CentOS to Ubuntu. For market place listings, look for the latest "edge router" image. The commands are different from the CentOS image in the Ubuntu image. Please go through the updated guides here - https://support.netfoundry.io/hc/en-us/sections/360003963831-Edge-Routers
- Do follow our console release notes here - https://support.netfoundry.io/hc/en-us/sections/360002331391-Release-Notes
If you have any questions about these features or anything to do with NetFoundry please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org