Before You Begin
1. Ensure that MacOS has access to the Internet
|Needed one time for initial gateway install/registration to the NetFoundry Network||
|For regular gateway connectivity to the NetFoundry Network||
2. Supported MacOS versions
- MacOS El Capitan 10.11
- MacOS Sierra 10.12
- MacOS High Sierra 10.13
- MacOS Mojave 10.14
The installer will prompt the user for elevated privileges when needed.
3. You will need a Registration Key to complete the client installation.
You should have received the key via email, or some other means, from your Network Administrator or Installation Coordinator. The Registration Key can also be obtained from the NetFoundry Console - see Create and manage clients for more information.
Installing the NetFoundry Client on MacOS
1. Download the client installer package from the downloads page for your version of MacOS, and save it to your your computer.
3. A new finder window will open to reveal the client installer package. Right click on it, and select "Open".
4. If a prompt appears on the screen asking if you are sure you want to open it, click "Open".
5. The client installer will launch. Follow the dialogs to install the software on your computer.
6. If prompted to allow vtc_app to accept incoming connections, click "Deny".
7. When prompted, enter your Client Registration Key.
Launch the Client
- Locate the nfnClient application in your Applications folder and launch it (or use Launchpad to launch it from the dock).
- Your Client Software is successfully installed. You may move the installer to the trash.